As we are aware of the importance of ensuring data confidentiality, VATEL has undertaken measures to ensure the protection of personal data.
The aim of the present data protection policy is to inform you of the undertakings and practical measures taken by VATEL to ensure that your personal data is kept confidential and protected.
The present confidentiality policy may evolve in order to comply with the legal and regulatory context as well as recommendations from the CNIL.
The present confidentiality policy applies when you visit any VATEL web site, when you access our products and services (enrollment in a school, reservation of a hotel, restaurant or spa) or when you take part in any VATEL events (hereinafter referred to as “Service(s).”
VATEL is thus responsible for your personal data as the processing party.
The present confidentiality policy could be complemented by additional elements detailed in all or a part of the Service provided.
3. TYPE OF DATA GATHERED
VATEL shall endeavor to gather and process only data that is strictly necessary in view of the purpose for which it has been processed (data minimization).
When you access one of our Services, you could be asked to provide some of your personal data while filling out our forms: the type of personal data specifically required will be indicated. You can decide not to submit the data requested, however, that could limit your access to the requested Service.
Personal data is gathered in three ways:
- data you provided;
- data supplied by third-party sources;
- and lastly, through the use of our Services that you may have.
3.1. Data you supplied
The Personal data directly provided by yourself will depend on your interaction with the Service and may include:
- contact information: the last name, first name, email address, street address, phone number and cell phone number;
- other data: the profile of a student or an alumnus, his or her profession, schooling, qualifications, the name of the school that was attended, graduation date and photo: www.vatelalumni.com;
- payment information: credit card number and information required for reservation: www.hotelvatel.ch;
- comments and additional information that you may submit, including requests for research, questions and information sent to the department in question.
3.2. Data supplied by third-party sources
We may also obtain your contact information and other personal information from our subsidiaries and other third-parties, including:
- Vatel Group companies with which we offer joint services; and/or
- sources available to the general public and data suppliers from whom we obtain data to verify and complete the information in our possession.
3.3. Data from using a Service, including cookies
A Service can automatically gather information from the way in which you interact with it, including:
- Information regarding the computer, the login environment, which includes the IP address, the type and browser version, the operating system and other software installed in your environment, the mobile platform, any technical data, error reports and execution data;
- Usage Data such as functions you have used, configurations you have selected, data on which you have clicked, including the date and time and pages were consulted, terms looked up, pages visited and researched related to the Service;
- Geographic information on Services based on the location of the user to give you more relevant content depending on your geographical location wherever you may be throughout the world.
We gather this data using our servers, cookies and miscellaneous technologies.
Cookies are small text files that can be read by a web server in the VATEL domain that has placed the cookie on your hard disk. We can use these cookies and other technologies to store your preferences and configurations, to help you when recording information and analyzing our site’s operations.
You can control cookies using the configurations in your browser as well as several other tools. Nonetheless, should you block certain cookies, you will no longer be able to log in, access certain parts or use all of our Services.
4. PROCESSING PURPOSES
According to relationships established with VATEL, we use your personal data to:
- Supply, activate and manage your access to the Service and your use of it;
- Process and respond to a request to enroll in a school, an order, a request for a brochure or a reservation;
- Monitor courses taken by students and their employment history as alumni;
- Supply technical support, a service or an additional product and thus ensure proper functioning of the Service and its securing.
- Improve the Service and our other products, our events and develop new ones;
- Propose personalized content to make the Service more relevant, matching your interests and your geographical location;
- Address your requests, queries, comments and concerns;
- Inform you of any modifications, updates and other announcements concerning the Service and our other products and services;
- Give you promotional messages and other information on our products, events and services, and any other updates concerning VATEL;
- Invite you to take part in our surveys on the use of the Service;
- Pinpoint user trends and develop data analysis, including for research, auditing, reporting and any other commercial operations to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and the assessment of our commercial performance;
- Comply with our legal obligations, solve any eventual litigations and respect our contracts.
If you are the manager of an entity listed in one of our Services, we will use your data to communicate with you regarding the subscription of your organization.
Should you supply us with information on users of your entity, we shall ensure to obtain their consent to use their personal data beforehand in order to supply them with our Services.
5. RECIPIENTS OF DATA
VATEL shall only communicate your personnal data to authorized and identified recipients.
The recipients of your personal data are the corresponding VATEL services.
6. PERSONAL DATA STORAGE
VATEL shall store your personal data if required to supply the Service and carry out the obligations you requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, for our commercial and financial archives, to settle any disputes, to maintain security, detect and prevent fraud and abuse and to execute the contract binding us with you.
VATEL shall only keep your data for the duration required in the operations for which it was gathered and thus in compliance with legislation in force.
8. PROCESSING LOCATIONS - TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is stored and processed in France and in the United States for CRM data.
VATEL shall take measures, including the use of contracts, with the aim of ensuring that information continues to be protected where it is located in compliance with protection standards imposed by laws in force and thus has put in place Standard Contractual Clauses which have been approved by the European Commission and within the EU - US protection of private life framework when transferring data.
9. DATA SECURITY
VATEL shall ensure your personal data’s security by putting in place appropriate strengthened data protection using physical and logistics security measures.
10. PROTECTION OF CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
VATEL does not knowingly gather information on children under the age of 16 and VATEL’s internet sites thus do not target children under the age of 16.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
You have rights guaranteed by laws on the protection of private life and data implemented in Europe and several other countries, and according to which you can, free of charge:
- access your personal information;
- rectify or delete your personal data;
- restrict our processing of your personal data;
- object to processing;
- obtain a copy of your personal data stored by VATEL (portability).
You are the only person who can exercise these rights on your own data by contacting: Vatel Group - 8, Rue Duhamel, PO Box 2013, - 69227 Lyon - France or email@example.com, with “GDPR” as the subject of your email and including a copy of your ID.
You can also file a complaint to the National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties (CNIL), the regulator for personal data in France.
The original version of this policy was written in French.
The French version shall thus be deemed to be the official version. Should there be any litigation regarding the present policy, the French version shall prevail over the English version and any other versions.
VATEL regularly updates the present confidentiality policy. All modifications will be posted on this page with the updated revision date.
Should you have any comments, questions or requests regarding the present policy or how your data is processed, please contact us at: Vatel Group - 8, Rue Duhamel, PO Box 2013, - 69227 Lyon - France or firstname.lastname@example.org, with “GDPR” as the subject of your email and including a copy of your ID.
Each year our Group School directors, getting together for the Vatel International Convention, use today’s experiences to continue to invent tomorrow’s schools for our future hospitality professionals.Read more
Vatel cultivates the qualities required to be a good professional in the hospitality industry: being fluent in foreign languages, knowing how to work with other cultures... Hoteliers are attracted by Vatel students’ resumes, as Vateliens can tell us.Read more
François Perraud feels both a hotelier and a financial controller, an expertise that he likes to pass on to Vatel students.Read more
Jeremie de Fombelle has always loved resorts and has seen many of them, before coming to Mauritius. And this is where he really fell in love! But economic competition is stiff. How can you stand out, if not by the quality of your management?Read more
A professor of marketing, corporate promotion and negotiation, Sophie Lot loves adult education and teaches at Vatel Switzerland.Read more
Thanatat Boonpeng: a young Vatel graduate at Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok.Read more
Every day, Vatel students and instructors prepare for class, study, and fan the flames of their curiosity, thanks to the cutting-edge digital library provided by the ScholarVox platform. Come right this way for digital access to knowledge!Read more
An MBA specializing in ecotourism opens in Madagascar. This island has all it takes to materialize this demanding approach of responsible and innovative tourism.Read more
New ideas, enthusiasm, the desire to embrace a gourmet universe: Jerome Ferrer’s story has all the ingredients that inspire the best “success stories” to strategy professors!Read more
The hospitality and tourism industries are particularly concerned by sustainable development. And what if Vatel alumni played a key part in this transition towards more environmentally friendly hotel management?Read more
Travel broadens the mind, as the old saying goes. It also leads to unconventional restaurants. Let’s meet two Vateliens who founded Le Kaya Restaurant in Tignes.Read more
Besides having a Bachelor or an MBA Vatel, what does being a Vatelien mean?Read more
Throughout their entire careers, Vatel alumni remain in touch with their schools. This is also true for Kevin Tessieux, who has never forgotten that he was also once a student, and who now shares this knowledge with students today.Read more
Chahrazade Baroudi, a Vatelien since 2013, describes her job as Marketing and Communication Manager in IDAM, Alain Ducasse’s restaurant on the top floor of the Doha Museum of Islamic Art, in Qatar.Read more
Future hospitality professionals, welcome to Vatel’s 100% management simulation serious game! For an entire week and on three continents, MBA students met the challenge of managing a 4-star hotel and a resort in the Indian Ocean. The winners are...Read more
Who is Gaelle Garnier, the new manager of the network of 35,000 Vatel alumni throughout the world? Let’s meet a Vatelien who works with Vateliens!Read more
The 25th Eurhodip conference, which Vatel took part in, took place in Croatia. Targeting responsible tourism, this conference allowed participants to have more information on opening higher education courses in the field of sustainable development.Read more
Designed to address the needs of the global hospitality industry, the Marco Polo program strengthens the international profile Vatel students have and has just received the prestigious Best Innovation in an Educational Program Award.Read more
Graduated in 2011, Alexis Bouche began his career in England. Six years later, he returned to France and is now the Sales Manager of the 5-star hotel, Villa Maïa.Read more
Nearly 40 years old, and now 50 campuses in 32 different countries: Vatel Group opened its first school in Paris and is continuing to grow and duplicate its innovative educational concept in schools abroad.Read more
Trained at Vatel Nimes ten years ago, Chloe Wu has a brilliant career in China. She no longer works in the hospitality industry, but has not forgotten her passion of hospitality and service...Read more
Vatelalumni.com, free and connected to your LinkedIn profile, will soon be one of your favorite internet sites!
The Vatel International Research Center in Hotel and Tourism Managementhas just published the 10th edition of its Journal, which targets research and reflections on changes taking place in the hospitality and tourism industries.Read more
Curiosity, humility, team spirit... A Vatelien shares his commitment to values his school transmitted to him.
The same international spirit that students have Vatel and 4 students in nursing undertake a humanitarian project in Madagascar.Read more
A traveler - salesman - ambassador, Marco Polo introduced Asia, at that time nearly unknown, to Europe. This inspirational fate has given its name to Vatel’s international exchange program, where students can study at another Vatel campus for a year.Read more
The most senior representatives in the international hospitality industry give Vatel the Best School Hospitality Award. An entire profession thus acclaims them.Read more
Learning the skills needed to be a manager, quick employability, international careers... Vatel, the passport that gets you hired. See the video.Read more
A professor of hospitality management, restaurant services and tourism management for over 28 years, Pat Golden-Romero teaches MBA Vatel courses at Vatel San Diego, USA.Read more